German citizens can visit Cambodia provided they have a valid visa. In 2006, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia implemented an e-Visa to simplify the application process, so Germans, along with other eligible citizens, can apply online now.
A Cambodian e-Visa for German citizens enables its holder to enter Cambodia once and stay there for up to 30 days. The validity period is 3 months and begins on the date of issue.
German citizens can apply in a few steps: put the requested information in the form, attach documentation, and pay the fees. Approval will come as a PDF document to the applicant’s email address.
Make sure to select the allowed port of entry and bring your valid passport with e-Visa paper copies.
- Cambodian visa types for German nationals
- Cambodia visa application process from Germany
- Processing time and fees for German citizens
- How long can German passport holders stay in Cambodia?
- Cambodia visa requirements for German citizens
- Entry points
There is only one type of Cambodian e-Visa – a single-entry visa, which you can use to visit Cambodia for leisure purposes:
- you can have a vacation in Cambodia, go sightseeing, and explore the places of interest
- if you have relatives or friends in the country, you can come to visit them
- you can stay in Cambodia for transit if you need to get to another country
Important: you cannot engage in business activities.
Get Visa to Cambodia
The application for a Cambodia tourist visa can be submitted at any time and from any place. You don’t have to change your plans to attend a visa interview at an embassy – just take your device and the required documents wherever you are.
Follow these steps to apply for a tourist visa to Cambodia without issues:
- Provide your personal, contact, and travel data in the form. Make sure there are no typos and all required fields are filled.
- Upload the documents: the photographs must be clear, and all the data must be visible: don’t crop the picture too much.
- Make the payment. You should cover the fee of 99 Euro using one of the online payment options on our website. All of them are secure.
- Wait for the application to be processed. Regularly check your inbox. The approved Cambodian e-Visa will come as a PDF document.
- Make two printouts of your electronic visa: one is needed for entry and the other is required upon departure. Printouts may be black-and-white. No sticker will be issued.
Cambodia visa processing time
Once you complete the payment, your application will be processed by our team and Cambodian authorities. Normally, it takes a few days, but the time may vary based on several conditions: the correctness of the information, the time of submission, and the number of applications to be processed.
In case of mistakes and incomplete fields in the form, we will contact you for additional data. However, it takes time and, therefore, there can be delays. Thoroughly check the provided information to avoid issues.
The tourist visa price for German citizens
German citizens, like all other nationalities, need to cover the fee of 99 Euro. The fee covers all governmental fees as well as the cost of the service of our visa consultants.
With a Cambodia e-Visa, German citizens can stay in Cambodia for up to 30 days. The most important is to enter the country within a 3-month validity period of your visa.
Note that a Cambodia tourist visa is valid only for one entry. If you need to return to Cambodia, you need to apply for a new electronic visa.
Note that if your passport expires or some data on it changes, your Cambodia visa becomes ineffective.
Requirements for online visa application
In order to complete the application in the electronic system, you need:
- a working device – a smartphone, a laptop, a tablet, or a PC
- a stable internet connection – hardwired, mobile, or Wi-Fi
- an accessible email account
- the ability to make payments online
While many countries request a whole set of documents, a Cambodia visa application form doesn’t require you to spend much time collecting them. There are only two mandatory documents:
- a photo of a bio-data page of a passport valid for at least 6 months (a photo may be taken with a smartphone camera or a webcam, but it should be clear)
- your face photograph (it should be neutral; you must look into the camera)
Entry to invalid ports is prohibited, so you must select one of the following entry points:
Border crossing points:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) when entering from Thailand
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) when entering from Thailand
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) when entering from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang) when entering from Laos
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
Currently, no seaports support electronic visas.
Upon arrival, you will have to show your valid German passport and a paper copy of a Cambodia visa. Your information will be checked at the Immigration Online System.