New Zealand nationals who want to travel to Cambodia must have a valid visa. New Zealand is among the countries citizens of which can apply for a Cambodia visa online.
Cambodia e-Visa for New Zealand citizens was launched in 2006 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia to make the application process for travelers more straightforward. Now it is completed in a few steps involving filling out the form, uploading documents, and making payment.
The Cambodian e-Visa is available in one type – a Cambodian tourist visa, which allows visiting Cambodia for leisure purposes. Engaging in business is forbidden. New Zealand citizens can have one 30-day visit to Cambodia. It is permitted to enter the country on any day of the visa’s validity period.
- Types of Cambodia e-Visas for New Zealand nationals
- Cambodia e-Visa application process
- Cambodia eVisa processing time and fees for New Zealand citizens
- How long can citizens of New Zealand stay in Cambodia with eVisa?
- Cambodia visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
New Zealand passport holders can apply for one type of Cambodia e-Visa – a single-entry visa to Cambodia that allows travelers to stay within Cambodia for at least 30 days.
New Zealanders may extend their stay by contacting Cambodian authorities. New Zealand travelers wishing to enter Cambodia for a purpose other than tourism (such as working and studying) have to apply for an alternative visa form. It also applies to guests who need more than 30 days of stay per visit.
New Zealand passport holders can obtain a Cambodia visa in an easy and speedy way. This application instruction will help you to get an online visa without issues:
- Put the required information into the online application form. It may include your passport, personal, and contact details.
- Recheck the data to eliminate mistakes. Make sure all required fields are completed and contain relevant information.
- Attach the necessary documents. Keep in mind that they should be clear so all the data can be visible.
- Choose a payment method and cover the fee of 99 Euro. Available payment options include: a debit/credit, PayU, or PayPal.
- Check your email address. After your application is processed and approved, you will receive a PDF document of a Colombia e-Visa.
Make two paper copies of your Cambodia visa. The first one will be used for entry into Cambodia, and the second will be needed for departure.
Get Visa to Cambodia
Generally, processing does not exceed several working days. However, it could take more if there are any problems with your Cambodian visa application. For example, it may contain mistakes, typos, or incomplete required fields.
There can also be invalid documents or a lack of required documents. Check your inbox regularly, as our support teams can contact you in case of some issues.
Cambodia visa fees
For a Cambodian electronic visa, New Zealand citizens must pay a one-time fee of 99 Euro. The payment can be made with any of the following online options: a debit/credit card, PayPal, or PayU. Make sure you check the confirmation letter when you make your purchase.
Get Visa to Cambodia
A New Zealand e-Visa holder can enter Cambodia one time and stay there for 1 month. An electronic visa in Cambodia is valid for a period of three months from the date of its original issue.
New Zealanders may visit Cambodia any day throughout the validity period of their visa and travel there maximally for 30 days. You are able then to extend your e-Visa in order to stay for longer. To do that, you need to contact Cambodian immigration authorities.
Online visa requirements
An e-Visa to Cambodia has an entirely online application process. Therefore, you need to have the following things to be able to complete the application without issues:
- a working device connected to the internet (a laptop, tablet, PC, or phone)
- sufficient funds and the payments method that allows covering the fees online
- an active email address
Required documents for New Zealand nationals
Citizens of New Zealand need to attach two documents to the Cambodian tourist visa application:
- a passport bio-data page photo – a document must stay effective for at least 6 months from arrival; a photo should be clear and contain your personal details corresponding to the ones you provided in the form
- your face photo – you should have a neutral expression and look directly into the camera
You may take a photograph using your phone camera or PC camera.
Requirements on arrival
Upon arrival, you have to present your valid passport and a paper copy of a Cambodia visa.
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
Border crossing points:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) when entering Cambodia from Thailand
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) when entering from Thailand
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) when entering from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang) when entering from Laos