In 2006 the Government of Cambodia decided to launch a new project – e-Visa for Sri Lanka Citizens as well as a number of other foreign citizens. The electronic visa is a permit that allows eligible travelers to visit Cambodia for purposes including tourism and leisure.
The goal of the Cambodia e-Visa was to facilitate the registration procedure and encourage more tourists to visit the country. If you wish to obtain the document, you can apply for it online. All you need to do is complete the visa questionnaire and pay the processing fee. A ready visa will be sent to your e-mail!
Once approved, the permit remains valid for 90 days. With the document, eligible foreign travelers can enter Cambodia once and spend there up to 30 days.
- Can Sri Lankan citizens apply for a Cambodia visa?
- What Cambodia visa type should Sri Lankan citizens apply for?
- How to apply for a Cambodian e-Visa?
- What documents are required for a Cambodian e-Visa?
- How long does the Cambodian Visa remain valid?
- What entry ports welcome Sri Lankan citizens with online visas?
Yes, Sri Lankan nationals can apply online for the Cambodia electronic visa if they plan a short-term visit to the country for tourism or transit purposes.
If any of the Sri Lankan citizens would like to visit Cambodia for a longer time, they must obtain a regular visa from the Embassy or Consulate. However, this application requires the traveler to undergo a detailed in-person registration process.
Get Visa to Cambodia
There is only one type of e-Visa to Cambodia, and Sri Lankan citizens are eligible to apply for it. The permit is a single-entry Tourist Visa issued for a period of 90 days. It can be used for a 30-day-long visit to Cambodia.
The Cambodian Tourist Visa allows travelers to engage in non-business activities, for example, meeting with friends and family, attending a cultural event, or going on vacation. Additionally, the permit guarantees entry to Cambodia in case of transit.
Get Visa to Cambodia
The Cambodian authorities made sure the visa application was effortless and uncomplicated. You can proceed with the registration from your home, and the entire procedure should not last more than 15 minutes.
To obtain the Cambodia Tourist Visa online, prepare a working laptop or smartphone (that is connected to the Internet) and follow a few simple steps described below:
- Fill in the online application form with the required data.
- Check the completed registration form for any spelling errors.
- Upload the necessary documentation in digital form.
- Pay 99 EUR for visa processing.
- Wait for the approval notice.
The processing of your visa may take a few days, and once it is approved, it will be delivered to your e-mail address. In some cases, the waiting time may be prolonged due to actions conducted by the Immigration Office of Cambodia.
Although your authorized travel permit will be sent to you electronically, you are obliged to print it out before your journey. On arrival in the country, you will be asked to present a paper copy of the document.
Get Visa to Cambodia
To proceed with the Cambodia Tourist Visa application, you must ensure you meet all the requirements. If you collect the documents prior to registration, the entire procedure should go smoothly.
Documents required from Sri Lankan travelers for Cambodia visa online
- scan of the passport’s bio-data page
- photo of the applicant’s face
Documents required from Sri Lanka nationals on arrival in Cambodia
- passport (valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel)
- visa (printed permit from the applicant’s e-mail address)
The passport you will be asked to show the immigration officers on arrival in Cambodia must be the same document you used during the online application. What is more, if your passport happens to be invalid (exceeded expiry date, change of information), your Cambodia visa will be considered invalid.
The Cambodia Tourist Visa, obtainable online, allows eligible Sri Lankan citizens to enter the country once and spend there up to 30 days (1 month). The validity of the permit starts on the day of its issue and continues for 90 days (3 months).
If you would like to visit Cambodia for a little longer or for purposes other than tourism (such as studying or working), it is recommended to schedule a visit at the nearest Cambodian Embassy and apply for a regular visa.
If you wish to travel on a Cambodia visa from Sri Lanka, before leaving for the trip, you should check if a selected port of entry accepts electronic permits.
Airports that welcome citizens of Sri Lanka with Cambodia visa online:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
Border crossing points that welcome citizens of Sri Lanka with Cambodia visa:
- Cham Yeam, when entering from Thailand
- Poi Pet, when entering from Thailand
- Bavet, when entering from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post, when entering from Laos
No Cambodian seaports welcome travelers from Sri Lanka with e-Visas.